Best Makeup Colors for Woman over 60
Actress Susan Sarandon arrives at the 17th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on January 30, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. (Getty Images)more pics »Sometimes it's tough to admit it, but the makeup techniques you used in your youth just won't cut it once you hit 60. As you age, your skin loses elasticity and reacts differently to different colors and textures. Here are some helpful tips for finding the best makeup colors for women over 60:
- Check the shade of your foundation and concealer. As you age, your skin's melanin mix changes. When buying a new foundation or concealer, check the shade because it might not match your skin anymore.
- Don't buy into trends. Classic makeup is best, don't feel you have to purchase all the corals, turquoises and oranges to look good. You don't want to end up looking like a caricature.
- Reinvent your look. Do you have the same hairstyle or makeup routine from 20 years ago? If so, it's time to rethink your option. You face and style have changed since then!
- Switch from powder to liquid or gel for foundation, blush and eye shadow. You skin gets drier as you get older, so powders may look cakier. Also, always apply with a light hand!
- Stay away from shimmer. This can accentuate crepey eyelids and thin skin. Stick with neutrals in matte shades.
- Use mascara and eye liner. If you have to do anything, these are your basics that can't go wrong and will give you a classic, elegant looks.