No longer do you need a fake Pinterest account to plan your future wedding—even though you're, uh, single—or to keep your borderline-creepy obsession with Justin Bieber a secret. (Hey, at least he's 18 now!)
Pinterest has just launched secret boards!
The social media site posted the following announcement on its blog yesterday:
The holidays are a time for being with family, sharing great meals, and, of course, surprising your favorite people with a special gift. That’s why we thought the holidays were a perfect time to test one of our most frequently-requested features: secret boards! Starting today, we’ll be gradually rolling out a test that enables anyone to create three secret boards.Just in case you can't think of three things you want to keep hidden from the world, here are 10 ideas to get you started:
1) Wedding ideas: Unless you're engaged or darn well sure that you will be in the very near future, your dude (or worse, potential dude) might split if he finds out you're already planning your "I do" date with him. Better to keep this board a secret.
2) Gift-planning: Keep tabs on what to get your BFF without the risk of her spoiling the surprise.
3) Secret plans for world domination: They're not called "secret" plans for nothing.
4) Party Ideas: Because if you're in charge of this year's block party, it better blow your snotty neighbor's last get-together out of the water—and you don't want her to see it coming.
5) Stalking: It's not technically "stalking" if Harry Styles doesn't know about it, right?
6) Cute babies in clothes: Because even though little kids in grown-up clothes are like the cutest things, ever, you don't want anyone thinking you have a bun in the oven.
7) You have a bun in the oven: Okay, so your eggo is actually preggo, but you haven't made the announcement yet. That shouldn't stop you from planning your gift registry just yet.
8) Home decor ideas: Because you haven't yet told your roommate you're moving out in a month—and it's because of her.
9) Nerdy/un-cool obsessions: Do you own a super-top-secret Star Wars figurine collection? Keeping tabs on the missing pieces you need? There's a hidden board for that.
10) Any secret little thing that makes you, well, you: Maybe you've decided to go vegetarian but don't want your carnivorous family to know? Maybe you have a secret goth-punky side that only comes out when your co-workers aren't around? Fulfill all your dirty little secret indulges here.
What will you use your secret Pinterest boards for? Are you willing to tell? If so, share in the comments below! Also if you haven't yet, check out our boards on Pinterest, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@stylebistroeditors), too!