Poll: Do You Shop Like a Teenager?
(Photos by FameFlynet Pictures)
Your mom doesn't drop you off at the mall on Friday nights anymore—or so we sincerely hope, by now—but according to a new retail study, you may actually have more in common with the brace-faced gaggles crowded around Hollister than you'd think. In fact, you probably shop just like them.
Here are a few important questions to ponder:
- Do you scour the comments sections on e-comm sites before buying a product—then double-check for consistencies on Amazon.com? Have you've swooped up something after a friend raved about it on Facebook? Instagram? Twitter?
- Do you wake up in the morning only to discover you bought yet another pair of shoes online at 2 a.m.? Perhaps you check Gilt or other flash sale sites at noon-on-the-dot every day for the latest deal?
Is this starting to sound familiar?
- Do you continually tweet @HMUSA to ask when H&M is finally going to launch its e-commerce? (Guilty.) Maybe you weigh in on @DKNY's Revenge play-by-plays, oh, every single Sunday?
Well, we've got some news for you—according to Teen Vogue, who conducted the shopping study, you shop like a teen, sorry a "Multi-Channel Millennial."
The study, which assessed the values, mindsets, habits, and social engagements of teens and young twenty-somethings, classified shoppers who meet the following criteria as an aforementioned multi-channel millennial:
- They research products and merchandise through the Internet and social media.
- They shop weekly in-store and online or on mobile devices.
- And they communicate with retailers via social media.
So, we're curious to know, you do have the same shopping behaviors as say, oh, Kendall and Kylie Jenner—or is your approach to spending dough, shall we say, a little more mature? Sound off in our poll, and let's discuss shopping habits in the comments, below!