Hair Trend to Try: Alexander Wang's Grungy Waves
Are you digging the '90s throwback look as much as Vanessa Hudgens and Nicole Richie right now? If so, get ready to squeal—the trend is going nowhere next spring. We're talking crop-tops, baggy trousers and most importantly grungy waved hair.
Case in point: The oh-so-cool models at Alexander Wang's spring 2014 show. Redken Creative Consultant Guido fused glamour with messy grunge as he created the ultimate downtown-girl hairstyle. Loovveee.
"I wanted the hair to reflect the cool, low-key Alexander Wang type girl," he said backstage. "I suppose there are equal parts grunge and glamour, in that the hair is voluminous, yet natural."
Want to re-create this runway-worthy look at home? These seven fool-proof steps will give you Alexander Wang-inspired locks in minutes.
- Towel dry hair.
- Create a messy center part with finger.
- Apply Redken Thickening Lotion 06 Body Builder from roots to ends concentrating products on the roots.
- Start drying hair with a diffuser to keep the natural waves.
- Once the hair is 75% dry, allow the hair to dry naturally.
- Add Redken Power Refresh 01 Aerosol Hair Powder/Dry Shampoo to mid length and ends to give more texture.
- Apply Redken Quick Tease 15 Backcombing Finishing Spray to mid length and ends to hold the texture.
The finished product:
See the complete Alexander Wang spring 2014 collection in our gallery: