Sarah Jessica Parker's Flirty Waves
Sarah Jessica Parker (Getty)
Sarah Jessica Parker, with Golden Globe (Getty)
Sarah Jessica Parker's wavy updo hits just the right note for a casual night out. Even though she brought this sexy 'do to the red carpet, it looks equally hot paired with a cropped leather jacket and skinny jeans.
Below are simple step-by-step instructions for duplicating Sarah Jessica's style along with a video found on youtube showing how to recreate a similar look.
1. Begin with curly or wavy hair. Either activate natural texture by blow-drying hair with a diffuser attachment, or use a curling iron to create the requisite waves.
2. Part hair down the center and section out a few strands along the front hairline.
3. Sweep back tresses on the top of the head—everything from the top of the ears and up. Draw this portion of hair into a loose ponytail at the middle of the back of the head and twist.
4. Secure the twisted ponytail vertically near the crown of the head. Use bobby pins or u-shaped hair pins to hold it in place and allow ends to remain loose.
5. Tousle waves and add a little backcombing to create that sexy bead head texture and mist the entire style with a flexible hold hairspray.
See the Cute Summer Half Up, Half Down Hairstyle video:See Sarah Jessica Parker's Hair Lookbook: