DIY - These New Oribe Volumizing + Texturizing Hair Products Have Changed My Life (and Head)
(Danica Lo / StyleBistro)
PROBLEM: Flat-as-a-board hair
REGULAR SOLUTION: Oribe's super-cult Dry Texturizing Spray, a dry shampoo slash texturizing light hold spray that every beauty editor I know (and so many celebrity hairstylists!) swear by.
NEWFANGLED EVEN BETTER SOLUTION: Oribe's to-die-for line of new mousses and dry sprays, which you can mix-and-match to get your volume and texture on, just how you like it.
HERE'S WHAT I USED: Behold: my before and after photos from this morning -
This is me, BEFORE and AFTER, left to right.
This morning, I popped up the street to Butterfly Studio in New York City, where the lovely stylist Dana Tizzio did the following things to my limp, straight, flat long locks:
1. On dry hair, she applied Oribe's brand new Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse—a mousse that has a slightly waxy consistency. This is a great product for anyone who has trouble getting their hair to hold curl/texture—instead of layering product upon product, you can just put a golf-ball size amount of this through long hair and you'll feel the slight waxiness immediately. Don't worry if you don't like waxy, because....
2. Next, Dana blow-dried the Surfcomber Mousse into my hair. Don't use a brush, just your fingers. The waxy texture will significantly diminish, but the hold will still be there.
3. To soften the hair, Dana applied Oribe's new Soft Dry Conditioner Spray, which is, in general, a great product for people who like to air-dry—but suffer from things like flyaways or dry ends. This product literally softens the hair. If you've ever been to an Asian hair salon, softeners are pretty popular there—they leave your hair super-soft, but not at all oily.
4. Then she curled my hair with a 1.5" Hot Tools curling iron—starting at the center of the hair shaft and curling away from my face in horzontal sections (so it looks more piece-y than vertical sections).
5. Finally, she applied Oribe's new Thick Dry Finishing Spray—which I am obsessed with and can be used on even straight dry hair... it instantly gives the hair volume and fullness—and I flipped my head over and she tousled my new waves.