Hair DIY: How to Get Jennifer Lopez's Glamorous Curls
(Photo via W Magazine)
You'll have to wait a whole 'nother 24 hours before you can nab Jennifer Lopez's August 2013 cover for W magazine—it doesn't hit newsstands until tomorrow!—but those gravity-defying '70s-inspired curls of hers on the front of the fashion mag? They can be all yours this very instant.
"It's very classic movie star hair," superstylist Oribe said of the magic he worked on the star's newly dyed, dark chocolate locks. "There's something strong about it, which keeps it modern."
We grilled the celebrity hair guru further for the exact steps and Oribe products he used to get Lopez's va-va-voom volume. Read on to unleash your inner diva at home!
1. Apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse ($35) to damp hair and blow dry with a round brush. Don't have one in your arsenal? Swap the brush for Velcro rollers to achieve similar volume and movement.
2. Use a curling iron to create a classic curl set. Let hair cool completely, then gently brush through the curls.
3. Spray Soft Dry Conditioner Spray ($35) throughout the length of your hair to give it a cashmere feel without changing the style or losing the texture. (Read our review of the new product, here. Seriously, it's life-changing!)
4. If your locks are naturally frizzy, use a small amount of Supershine Light Moisturizing Cream ($49) or your go-to leave-in conditioner to smooth down strands.
5. Lock everything in place for all-day hold with Superfine Hair Spray ($36). And ta-da! Big, beautiful glamazon curls are as simple as that.
Pssst... Want to extend your hairstyle into the next day? Oribe suggests using hot rollers and Dry Texturizing Spray ($19.50) at your roots to keep the curls just as buoyant and bouncy as the day before.
Check out all of Jennifer Lopez's best hair moments, in our gallery: