Oh, goodness…it’s November ?!
- Today, Tatiana Santo Domingo and soul sister Dana Alikhani launched Muzungu Sisters. The store (named after “Muzungu” which means “wanderer” in Swahili), is a a new online shop that offers clothing which is both handcrafted and ethically sourced. In celebration, the designer-free duo have opened a pop-up shop at Momo (in London):
“We wanted to create an interactive portal that would bring together fair trade suppliers from all over the world.”
- Dana Alikhani
- The winner of Project Runway Season Nine, Anya Ayoung-Chee, was recently interviewed by Racked, and had some adorable things to say about her competition:
Racked: Taking into account all of the collections, not just the final collections but the decoy ones as well, who do you think should have won, if it wasn’t you?
Anya: Oh I definitely think Laura. I think her collection was extremely strong and the best work that I’ve seen her do. I think she was very smart to put out a very strong collection even though she wasn’t in the top four. I’m very proud of her. I loved it.
- Did you know Macy’s Herald Square flagship is the largest store in the world? (No? Now, you do!) Even so, they sure aren’t going to let that title be threatened thanks to a four-year renovation worth over $400 million.How much bigger can it get? 100,000 square feet bigger! After the renovations, Macy’s will boast a total of 1.2 million square feet, as well as digital product information, interactive directories, a mobile shopping app, streaming live videos of Macy’s events AND the largest shoe department in the world.
- Azzedine Alaïa recently spoke with Dirk Standen about his views on fast fashion. Considering many designers consider mass retailers to destroy the integrity on their hard work (aka copy it cheaply and unethically), his thoughts were quite a shock.After admitting that he shops at both H&M and Zara for his cousins and nieces, she simply justified his choice by saying “..listen, everyone copies”. Quelle honesty!
- CALORIE FREE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! Kind of. Thin Mint and Trefoil addicts, form a queue; Lip Smacker has teamed up with the Girl Scouts of the USA to launch Girl Scout Cookie Lip Smackers!No more waiting for the Girl Scouts (though hey, give them your pesos!) to come around, as you will be able to enjoy Thin Mints, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Trefoils, Peanut Butter, and Coconut Caramel Stripes flavours year-round after their official 2012 launch.
- It’s official! Now that the super-tall superbeauty is 18, Karlie Kloss will be walking in this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show! Casting director John Pfeiffer said he had high hopes for Karlie to walk this year, but it wasn’t announced until….well, about a minute ago! Congratulatious, Karlie! One week to go!
- Fashion News – September 17, 2011
- Fashion News – September 6, 2011
- Fashion News – September 24, 2011
- Fashion News – October 14, 2011
- Fashion News – August 22, 2011