It’s All About The Cocktail Manicure In Your 40s
Anything goes when it comes to one of the biggest beauty trends this summer—nail art. From ombré and colour blocking to tie-dye and texturizing, nails take centre stage in a very bold way this season.
Beauty expert Bahar Niramwalla recommends a nail trend for your 40s, how to do it at home and which products will help you get that look. All hail the artist nail!
Nail art trend to try:
“This age group loves bright and classic colours with small twists, such as a feature nail. The feature nail is popular across all age groups but it’s lesser-known cousin, the cocktail-hand mani is one to try in your 40s,” says Niramwalla. The purpose of this look is to highlight the feature fingers you use to hold a cocktail.
How to do it:
1. Start by applying a base coat.
2. Pick out two shades in complementary colours.
3. Of the two colours, the more vibrant or bolder shade is painted on the thumb, index and middle finger of the hand you would typically hold a cocktail with.
4. The rest of the nails are then painted the remaining complementing colour.
5. Finish off with a strong top coat.
“Stick with complementary colours and shades (think art class colour-wheel lessons) such as blue and orange tones which work well together.” But if you want to keep it a little more subdued, look for a pale robin’s egg blue and creamsicle orange.
The KIT recommends: