Victoria Beckham (Getty)Who could have guessed a Spice Girl would some day epitomize refined style? Not only do we eat up every outfit we spot Victoria Beckham in, but she repeatedly proves her grasp of sophisticated dressing through her red carpet-worthy runway designs.
After seeing her latest black-on-black (but never boring) look at the London Global Gift Gala, we thought it was about time we all took some pointers from the queen of class. By studying up on her sartorial prowess, here's what we learned:
1. Perfect tailoring is key—particularly with menswear-inspired pieces.
2. Stay balanced with short skirts and long-sleeve sweaters or chunky outwear and bare legs.
3. Don't fear tea-lengths, they are both are prim but modern.
4. Outfits don't have to be tight or revealing to be fierce.
5. Black-and-white is classic AND high-fashion.
6. Minimal statements pack a punch, less is always more.
7. Nothing's more powerful than the perfect pair of pants.
8. A sliver of skin is often all you need.
9. Stick to sreamlined silhouettes like shift dresses and column skirts, nothing frilly or busy.
10. Black is always a win. Always.
(Getty, PacificCoastNews.com, Bauer Griffin)See Victoria Beckhams' lookbook: