(Photo by Getty)
Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen (Courtesy Photo)
Winter is coming, er
but ofttimes the transitional season, thanks to blizzards one day and sunny skies the next, can wreak more
havoc on your skin than the chilly depths of December.
That said, you'd never guess it after admiring Emilia Clarke
's dewy complexion at the Game of Thrones
season 3 premiere last night.
Her secret? A drugstore face wash! (We know, right?) It's actually possible to get this
glow for less than $10:(Photo by Getty)
Before hitting the red carpet, makeup artist Dawn Broussard prepped Clarke's face with Bioré Acne Clearing Scrub
($6.99 in drugstores). Exfoliators are key for combating unpredictable, acne-inducing conditions — the scrubbing beads will help slough off dry, dead skin cells, leaving you with supple skin.
As for the rest of Clarke's glow, Broussard:
- Massaged primer into her skin and blotted the excess with a normal ol' tissue. (A simple but life-changing step for smoothing out skin and keeping pores unclogged!)
- Applied foundation in circular motion (using a foundation brush) and finished blending it in by patting around the face with a makeup sponge.
- Swept a soft, matte bronzer over the cheekbones, under the chin, and on the nose
- Blended a baby pink blush in the bronzer on the cheeks
- And finally, she finished things off with a pale pink highlighter that's just a few shades light than the blush. This she dusted on only the apples of the cheeks.
And ta-da! Flawless skin in a few simple steps. Let's admire one last time, shall we?(Photo by Getty)
See Emilia Clarke
's lookbook here: