DIY Hair: How To Get Nicole Richie's Messy Bun
When don't we envy Nicole Richie? The fashionista constantly wows us with her hysterical personality, lustworthy looks and most importantly—heavenly hair.
We adored her slightly messy, but totally sophisticated bun this week on the set of Extra. The perfect hairstyle if you're looking for something easy, yet chic for the office, or even date night with your partner.
Want to steal this look? We tapped Patty Castro, Senior Stylist at NYC's DreamDry Salon to get her six simple steps for mastering Nicole's twisted bun.
1. Use a small pea size amount of Oribe Smooth Style Serum to calm fly aways and give your hair more texture.
2. With your hands, pull your hair back to the location you want your bun to stay in. To achieve Nicole's style, position four fingers above the back of the hairline. (You can use a brush on the sides to keep the sides smoother, but the top a little loose and textured).
3. Secure the ponytail with a hair tie.
4. Start twisting the hair clockwise until the hair is twisted all the way to the ends.
5. Begin to wrap the twisted ponytail into a tight bun and secure with pins. You may choose to leave ends out near the top of the bun. Then gently pull on the hair where you want to give it more of a messy look.
6. Finally, apply Oribe Superfine Hair Spray over your hair for the finishing touch.
Voila! And there you have it. Will you be testing Nicole's hairstlye out this summer?
And check out more of Nicole's fabulous beauty looks in the gallery below: